If you are receiving care via video, click here for a list of what you’ll need, including instructional videos and downloadable guides.
Here are tips to help you get the most from a virtual appointment:
Before your Visit
Take some time to write down:
- Your key symptoms and when they began
- Questions you would like to ask
The Day of your Visit
Leave some time (15-20 minutes) before your visit to get ready:
- Gather your notes, pen and paper
- Take measurements at rest before the call begins
(e.g. temperature, O2Sat, blood pressure, heart rate)
- Log in a bit early in case there are technical difficulties
- If your doctor is running late, don’t worry. They are finishing up with another patient and will be with you as soon as they can.
During the Appointment
On the call with your doctor, remember to:
- Take notes
- Let your doctor know if you have any concerns about your care plan
After the Appointment
If anything changes you can call the number that your doctor provided you with to reach an on-call doctor. If you need urgent medical assistance, call 9-1-1 immediately.