COVIDCareHome is a program designed to support patients with COVID-19. Click here to learn more.
Managing COVID-19 at home can be challenging, but we’ve gathered some resources to help you find the information or support that you or a loved one may need.
Medical Management Resources
The list of educational videos below can be used to support patients in the use of inhalers, oximeters, etc.
Caring for your mental health
During the COVID-19 outbreak, there are mental health and addictions services that you can access online or by phone.
- CAMH COVID-19 - This site is designed to provide information and suggestions about how best to cope in this difficult time.
- BounceBack: A free, evidence-based cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) program that provides guided mental health self-help supports for adults and youth 15+ using workbooks, online videos and phone coaching. Call 1-866-345-0224.
- Kids Help Phone: Children and youth 18 and under who need to talk to someone about their mental health can call Kids Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868, for 24/7 virtual, phone and text support.
- Ontario COVID-19 Mental Health Network: a network of Ontario-based mental health professionals dedicated to supporting frontline COVID-19 workers
- Progress Place Warm Line: Adults can chat online, text, or call a peer support worker. Text 647-557-5882 or call 416-960-WARM (9276)
- COVIDCare@Home Discharge Resources (.pdf)
- Resources Available during the COVID-19 Pandemic (.pdf) - St. Michael's
- OCFP, NPAO, AFHTO and the Ontario Psychological Association (OPA) Partnership (.docx)
- "Psychology Works" Fact Sheet: Psychological Impacts of the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Patient Resource Guide for Mental Health Support (.pdf) - SCOPE
- Taddle Creek Family Health Team May 2020: COVID Resources for Adults, Families, Children and Seniors (.docx)
- Tolerance for Uncertainty (.pdf)
- Counselling resources (list organized by UHN) (.docx)
- Government of Canada: COVID-19 Information (outbreak update, risks, awareness resources, etc.)
- Toronto Public Health: COVID-19 Fact Sheet (links to common symptoms, how to self-isolate, COVID-19 Alert App)
- Canadian Blood Services: Convalescent Plasma Donation (information on how to can apply to donate your blood for COVID-19 research)
Handwashing & Physical Distancing
To get information about how to wash your hands, how to physically distance, and how to care for yourself during the outbreak, visit Public Health Ontario
- Financial & Social Supports
Supports for Seniors
- Friendly Neighbour Hotline: A toll-free hotline for seniors in low-income housing to get help picking up essentials. Call 1-855-581-9580.
- SPRINT Senior Care’s Meals on Wheels: Offers year-round meal deliveries for seniors. Call 416-481-6411.
- Phone Pals Program: Trained volunteers provide companionship and social contact to older adults through weekly phone calls.
- City of Toronto Seniors Helpline: Provides information about home care, community care, and crisis services in Toronto. Call 416-217-2077.
Supports for Caregivers
To find resources for caregivers in Ontario, please visit The Ontario Caregiver Organization